Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The beginning

It began at age 35.  Maybe it began then.  I can look back before then even as far back as my teens and see signs of this awful disease.  
     Stay at home mom of 2 boys at the time.  I didn't have to work.  My husband owned and ran his own business successfully.  I had gotten ill with what we assumed was the flu.  The next morning I could not move out of bed without screaming.  We just thought it had settled in my muscles as well.  The third day....... more dire pain.  My husband was tired of it and put his foot down and made me go to the doctor to find out what was going on.  He had to dress me, put my shoes on me, tie them. help me in the and out of the car.  Help me walk into the doctor's office.  I couldn't walk without crying.  It was awful.  The doctor did a blood test as she assumed for some reason it was gout.  Gout!?  That threw me.  She said the other possibility is Rheumatoid Arthritis.  She finished by saying further..... you do not want it to be RA.  It's a devastating disease that takes your life away bit by bit.  That scared me.  But, she was convinced it was gout.  When the tests came back with negative for gout and very positive for RA, I fell apart.  I had no idea what the diagnosis meant or was.  I remembered what she had said about I didn't want that for me.  
     I had a diagnosis.  That's all I knew.  I had no idea what it meant, or what it would mean in the coming future for me and my family either.  I was so upset.  I already had been dealing with diabetes type 2 since age thirty, hashimoto's disease, which is Thyroid disease, since late twenties and polycistic ovarian syndrome as well.  Now, I had a new Auto immune disease to add to my list.  A scary one with no answers and no one who seemed to know how to help me either.  


Welcome to my blog.  I will lay this out in pieces  and keep it going as often as able to keep updates current and i welcome comments as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment